Safawi date is deep black in color with hints of brown. It is medium in size and cylindrical in shape. Its flesh is soft and chewy. It is a semi-dried date variety. It is cultivated mainly in the Al-Madina region of Saudi Arabia. Safari date is grown on a much smaller scale in other countries such as Pakistan, India and Malaysia. It is harvested during the warm summer months of July and August. Safari date is available throughout the year.
- Safawi Dates contain dietary fiber that helps to maintain bowel health.
- It is an excellent source of potassium which reduces blood pressure.
- It also contains fluorine which is useful in protecting teeth against decay.
- Selenium present in it helps to prevent cancer due to its antioxidant properties.
- It contains various vitamins such as vitamin C, Vitamin A and B-complex vitamins.
- Safari date is also a rich source of folic acid.
- If eaten on an empty stomach, safari dates help to kill stomach worms.